Department of Computer Science
at University of Houston
- Ph.D. in Computer Science, Queen’s University of Belfast, Northern Ireland, U.K., 1998
- Thesis title: Software Support for Advanced Applications on Distributed Memory Multiprocessor Systems.
- Thesis Advisor: Professor Ronald Perrott, Queen’s University of Belfast, U.K.
Languages, compilers and tools for parallel and distributed computations, program development environments, embedded system development, resource management in distributed and wide-area networks
Please visit the HPCTools website for information on current projects, the research team and other activities.
Please follow this link for information on how to download the open source, free OpenUH compiler.
- Participant in OpenMP Architecture Review Board
- CEO of cOMPunity, Inc.
- Member of Multicore Association
- Technical Papers Chair, ACM/IEEE Supercomputing Conference, SC '10
- Recent program committees: Cluster '10, EuropMPI '10, ICPADS '10, ICPP '10, IPDPS '10, IWOMP '10, LCPC '10, MTPP '10, PGAS '10, PPOPP '10, PSTI '10
- Area Editor for Environments and Tools, Scientific Programming
- Member of editorial boards, Concurrency Practice and Experience (Wiley) and the International Journal of Computational Science and Engineering (InderScience)
- Member of Global Arrays Steering Committee
- Member of International Exascale Project (IESP)
- Member of Open64 Steering Group
- Member of Executive Council, Educational Alliance for a Parallel Future (EAPF)