- Interesting Links
Training & Research and Development
IRCAD - Institut de Recherche contre les Cancers de l'Appareil Digestif (Research Institute against Digestive Cancer)
IRCAD was founded in 1994 within the premises of Strasbourg's University Hospital. It pools digestive cancer research laboratories, a research and development department in computer sciences and robotics, and a training centre in minimally invasive surgery (EITS - European Institute of TeleSurgery).
MITIE - The Methodist Institute for Technology Innovation and Education
MITIE is an educational resource for health care professionals seeking to maintain excellent clinical skills and acquire new ones. It will improve patient safety through these educational pursuits and conduct research on skills acquisition and technological development.
- The Physiome Project is the worldwide effort of several loosely connected research groups to define the physiome via databasing and the development of integrated quantitative and descriptive modeling. This work will help determine the future of medicine, change the way we think about human physiology, and strengthen the fabric of international scientific collaboration across political allegiances.
Website:www.physiome.org/, see also www.biomedtown.org/
- Physiome.jp has been established to provide building blocks useful to develop in silico human. The blocks will include mathematical models and experimental data representing physiological functions.
- Multi-Scale Modeling Initiative
- The research resource for complex physiological signals
- American Medical Informatics Association
- Biomedical Engineering Systems and Technologies
- Computer Assisted Radiology and Surgery
- IEEE EMB
- Medicine Meets Virtual Reality
- Medical Imaging Computing and Computer Assisted Intervention
- North American Society for Cardiovascular Imaging
- Society for Simulation in Health Care