- Shishir Shah and Edgar Gabriel, 'Parallel Multispectral Image Segmentation for Computer Aided Thyroid Cytology', in Roger Tran-Son-Tay, Marc Garbey (Eds.) 'Computational Surgery and Dual Training'
- Edgar Gabriel, Vishwanath Venkatesan, Shishir Shah, 'Towards High Performance Cell Segmentation in Multispectral Fine Needle Aspiration Cytology of Thyroid Lesions', in 'Computer Methods and Programs in Biomedicine', vol. 98, no. 3, pp. 231-240, Elsevier Science, 2010.
- Edgar Gabriel, Saber Feki, Katharina Benkert, and Michael M. Resch, 'Towards Performance and Portability through Runtime Adaption for High Performance Computing Applications', in 'Concurrancy and Computation - Practice and Experience', vol. 22, no. 16, pp. 2230-2246, 2010.
Refereed Conference and Workshop Publications
- Katharina Benkert, Edgar Gabriel, Sabine Roller, 'Timing Collective Communications in an Empirical Optimization Framework', accepted for publication at the The Second International Conference on Parallel, Distributed, Grid and Cloud Computing for Engineering (PARENG) Ajaccio, Corsica, France, 12-15 April 2011.
- Rakhi Anand, Edgar Gabriel and Jaspal Subhlok, 'Communication Target Selection for Replicated MPI Processes', in R. Keller, E. Gabriel, M. Resch, J. Dongarra (Eds),'Recent Advances in the Message Passing Interface', LNCS 6305, pp. 198-207, Springer, 2010.
- Katharina Benkert and Edgar Gabriel 'Measuring Execution Times of Collective Communications in an Empirical Optimization Framework', in R. Keller, E. Gabriel, M. Resch, J. Dongarra (Eds),'Recent Advances in the Message Passing Interface', LNCS 6305, pp. 294-297, Springer, 2010.
- Troy LeBlanc, Jaspal Subhlok, and Edgar Gabriel 'A High-Level Interpreted MPI Library for Parallel Computing in Volunteer Environments', 4th Workshop on Desktop Grids and Volunteer Computing Systems (PCGRID 2010), held in conjuctions with CCGRID conference 2010, Melbourne, Australia.