PhD Student in Computer Science
University of Houston
Philip Guthrie Hoffman Hall,
3551 Cullen Blvd., Room 344,
is a PhD Student in ReDAS (Reasoning and Data Analytics for Security) lab at University of Houston. He is advised by Professor Rakesh Verma. He is interested in Natural Language Processing, Botnet Detection, and Spam Email Detection. He received his M.Sc. from Sharif University of Technology in 2013 and B.Sc. from University of Tehran in 2011.
- User Behavior Study in Response to Phishing Emails and Websites
- Detecting collocation and idioms in English texts Github
- Text and Citation Analysis for Scholarly Digital Libraries
- Botnet Detection System. Detection of infected node in the network by clustering network traffic.
- Distributed Denail Service Attack. A lighttpd plugin implemented for prioritizing HTTP requests during high overloading time of server
Full listing ordered by citations: Google Scholar
- Moraes, Luis, Shahryar Baki, Rakesh Verma, and Daniel Lee. "Identifying Reference Spans: Topic Modeling and Word Embeddings Help IR." International Journal on Digital Libraries (IJDL) 2017: 1-12. Download PDF
- Vasanthi Vuppuluri, Shahryar Baki, An Nguyen, and Rakesh Verma. "ICE: Idiom and Collocation Extractor for Research and Education" In Proceedings of the 15th European Chapter of the Association for Computational Linguistics (EACL) 2017 Download PDF
- Shahryar Baki, Rakesh Verma, Arjun Mukherjee and Omprakash Gnawali. "Scaling and Effectiveness of Email Masquerade Attacks: Exploiting Natural Language Generation." In Proceedings of the 12th ACM on Asia Conference on Computer and Communications Security (ASIACCS). 2017 Download PDF
- Moraes, Luis, Shahryar Baki, Rakesh Verma, and Daniel Lee. "University of Houston at CL-SciSumm 2016: SVMs with tree kernels and Sentence Similarity." In BIRNDL@ JCDL, pp. 113-121. 2016 Download PDF
- R. Verma, V. Vuppuluri, A. Nguyen, A. Mukherjee, G. Mammar, S. Baki and R. Armstrong . "Mining the Web for Collocations: IR Models of Term Associations." International Conference on Intelligent Text Processing and Computational Linguistics (CICLing) , 2016 Best Paper Award - First Place Download PDF